Friday, September 10, 2010

Gray and windy afternoon

I left the office in a gray afternoon.
It looks like we are going to get rain here. It is supposed to be a sunny place but now the sky is dark and the wind is suggesting to rush at home. Tourists are looking around in the Square. Everybody comes here to see that Square and it is nice to walk in the middle, looking to guys arrived from the other part of the world taking pictures and promising love forever.

The cold wind reminds me that I am alive. I feel my skin cold and I would like to have fog as well, as this is what we are used to.
Fog makes you almost blind. You leave your home and you do not see where you are going. But you know it. And fog makes everything more confortable (except driving). Lot of "white" in the air and you feel relaxed.

I walk in the square knowing that I am probably the only one enjoying the cold wind. And I like it. I like the idea that I take care of details that other people might not even notice. I stop for a little while and I look to the world as if it was a window I can spy from outside. And it is a relaxing feeling.
I think to the people in my life and I am afraid there are very few who can understand this feeling. Are you, unknown reader, one of them?

Looking forward for November. I am in the mood of something like in the picture... Sweet mood today...

2 comments:

AnnaFullStop said...

People in Milan usually don't even know where they are walking.

AnnaFullStop said...

I just realised you have a blog btw...hiding in the fog, I remember, when living in Milan, usually frightened me...it's true, it's like you are being hugged, but you can lose control. And if youa re not ready to lose control, then you just panic.