Monday, September 13, 2010

Good will hunting - terrific scene

This is my favourite dialogue of the movie.

I ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable— known someone that could level you with her eyes. Feeling like God put an angel on Earth just for you. That could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it’s like to be her angel. To have that love for her, be there for forever. Through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in a hospital room for two months holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes that the term 'visiting hours' don't apply to you. You don’t know about real loss, because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much.




from: Good Will Hunting, 1997

6 comments:

AnnaFullStop said...

I guess the keyword of it all is 'dare'.
Daring to love is exactly what most people are uncapable of.

Noodles Homewood said...

Dare to love.
Dare to share who you are.
Dare to consider that there might be something nice being exposed.
Dare to allow someone else to enter your secret world.

I think it is just a matter of time. People dare to love if you give them enough time in a safe place, as it is too cool to skip the experience!

AnnaFullStop said...

enough time in a safe place...I wonder if I have that power!

Noodles Homewood said...

You do not need any power.
It happens. If you feel safe, it happens and if you forget your defenses a bit...

AnnaFullStop said...

I would still be glad to see IF I have defences left :)

Noodles Homewood said...

Coool! Then you are ready to fly! ^_^