Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sweet crazyness in Florence

Miss D is sitting in an elegant chair in the breakfast room of a nice hotel in Florence.
She has the face of anyone in the early morning, looking somewhere but paying attention to nothing.
From time to time she looks around, spreading a nice light everywhere. For the rest of the time she think to something hidden in her secret world.

Miss D is young. Blond hair. Sweet and very regular face. Brillant eyes and stunning smile and attitude.
A colleague of her is talking about something I do not remember and the two ladies are keeping a nice conversation about something she will not remember in a couple of hours. She looks different, at least for a dozen of minutes, from anyone else in the room.

I have found the courage to look at the room key. I have the room number.
The lady at the reception seems to understand everything when I give her an envelope with a short hand-written letter. She looks like the one who has seen this happens relatively often.
The letter is inspiring and full of some kind of poetry I found somewhere inside of me. And she appreciate it.
She texted me, kind of accepting my offer for a drink. I made her smile. I made her feel special at least for a second.

And now, how can I keep expectations so high? I might just text her asking for a drink and stop everything here. Is would be safer, at least for me.
But from time to time having a small dream, focused on now only and without big expectations, makes you feel alive.

Noodles
--
Sent from a tiny keyboard
Please ignore typos unless they are funny

4 comments:

Athena said...

it's nice if you have done it for real...
I don't like the short and volatile combination of adjectvies at all, it makes sound everything so fake and not important though...and sometimes we should just call things with their name.

Noodles Homewood said...

I have changed the post. The part you disliked could be misunderstood.
I have done it for real. Yesterday morning.
What would be the real name to call this thing?

Athena said...

Desire to find a special somehting?

Noodles Homewood said...

I would say "wish"...